Friday, September 3, 2010

Cracked Fish Bowl Easel Card.

Posted by Stampin Mindy at 12:00 AM
Friday is here and it's the last weekend of Summer for my kiddos. They will be back in school on Tuesday, but not before our busy, jam packed weekend! Saturday we have an all day Family BBQ I will get to see my Uncles and Aunts and my dad :) and brother and sister! I'm super excited! I dont see them all that often and when I do it's usually my party so I'm busy doing everything. Not this time :) Then On Sunday we are waking up early and driving out to Santa Barbara for my uncle, on my moms side, Wedding. So I will get to spend the rest of the weekend with my mom! We will be sleeping in her hotel and driving home Monday morning. Then Tuesday is back to school and a normal schedule!!!!

Here's my card for Just Magnolia, our theme for this week is to use the Cracked Glass Technique. I had to use my favorite.. Little Mermaid Tilda. I just love her. I was looking through my Stamps and saw her in a fish bowl, I thought using the cracked glass on the entire bowl would look cool. I wanted to resemble a fish bowl sitting on a table, so I left the bottom of the easel card square and made it brown. I'm happy with the outcome.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Challenges

Just Magnolia - Cracked Glass










Supplies

Stamps -#306 Little Mermaid Tilda, #432 Seaweed
Paper - Stampin up chocolate chip bashful blue and white. Arches water color paper.
Ink - Versafine Black, Distress inks
         Skin - Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick
         Hair - Vintage Photo, Wild Honey
         Fin and Top - Chipped Saphire, Forrest Green
         Seaweed - Forrest Green
Accessories - Wild Orchid Crafts Lace and flowers, 25mm Baby Blue rose, Cream Wild  Roses, Old Swedish Lace Magnolia Doohicky die, Scor-tape, Dew Drops, Stampin up micro beads, Clear embossing powder, Martha Stewart Ribbon and Stampin up rub on.


3 comments:

Gøril`s Kreativiteter - håndlaget med kjærlighet on September 3, 2010 at 5:14 AM said...

Wow!!! Stunning card! Love all the details and the colors you have used! lovley image!

Hug

Lillemor on September 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM said...

Oh Mindy this card is just adorable!!! Lovely design, I looove your style!
Hugs Lillemor

Tineke's hobby on September 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM said...

this is totally stunning love the colors and image
Wonderful design
Hugs Tineke

Post a Comment

 

Mindy's Magnolias Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Blogger Blog Templates